Just for fun and from my empty nest perspective, I thought I would put together a top 10 list for 2013.
- Top Movie – This one is easy. Frozen by a landslide. Great story, great music and fun for all ages. Runner-up – Fast and Furious 6. Of course, of Time magazine’s top 10 movies of 2013, I must admit I have only seen 2 of the movies. I understand Captain Phillips was very good as well, but I never managed to make it to the theater in time to see if it was worth including on my list.
- Top Song – Not for a Moment – Meredith Andrews. Unbelievable voice and a great message.
- Top Annoying Trend – Tailgating in Wisconsin. I previously had thought this was a problem only with drivers from Illinois, but it seems Wisconsin drivers have picked up on this very annoying and, I might add, unsafe behavior. I suppose it is true that as you get older, the safe driving distance guidelines tend to get extended. But, I hardly believe they are teaching the youth that for every 10 MPH they are driving that they need to be only 1 tricycle length behind the car in front of them. From what I see on the interstate, I believe we have a little too much NASCAR influence creeping into our driving behaviors.
- Top Book I Read – Chop Chop – L.N. Cronk. The first book in a series which explores a number of life’s little challenges. What only makes this book better is that it has been free on Kindle and Nook for much of 2013. I wish I could say I read a lot, but I did manage to make it through this series in short order.
- Top Sports Play – This one is easy, Rodgers to Cobb on 4th and 8 to beat the ever lovable Bears.
- Top New Techie Toy – Microsoft Surface Pro. I tend to have a new techie toy each Christmas, even if not the latest and greatest. The price on this one has dropped dramatically over the last month and to me now seems like a great deal. Windows 8.1 is very nice and the app store seems to be improving.
- Top TV Show – Person of Interest. Gotta love a show where they keep shooting everyone in the kneecaps.
- Top Ice Cream – Edy’s Double Fudge Brownie. Worth at least 10 lbs. a year.
- Top App – News Bento. A great way to get all the news of interest in one place.
- Top Thing I Have No Idea How To Use – Chromecast – a present for my son. Sounds neat, but I am not quite sure how to get the gizmo to work.
Happy New Year